Inside Nativity BVM’s Upper Church
Nativity’s church building was built in the Gothic Style of the fifteenth century Renaissance movement in Europe. Much of the credit for the beauty and symmetry of the building belongs to Mr. Edwin Durang (1829 – 1911), the architect, who brought to his task an expert and thorough knowledge of his craft. Mr. Durang’s work specialized in ecclesiastical design. HIs notable works include Roman Catholic High School, All Saints Church in Bridesburg, St. Joachim Church in Frankford, and another Nativity BVM parish in Media, Delaware County. A full list of his works is available online.
Church Exterior and Parish Grounds